Original 6-in-1 Metal Raised Garden Bed
Update: Pre-ordered colors will be shipping out 6/30-7/1.
Birdies Garden Products 6-in-1 raised garden beds are Australia's #1 raised bed...and for good reason.
They can be assembled into 6 different shapes, giving, you flexibility in your garden design.
The sides are 16" tall, meaning your beds warm up sooner in spring and cool down slower in fall, extending your growing season.
Assembly is a breeze, with stainless steel fasteners for no-tool construction. They keep the bed sturdy and safe from bowing.
The rolled steel edge at the top comes with a durable safety strip, which looks fantastic and protects you from injury.
Birdies raised beds are made from high-quality Aluzinc steel, ensuring durability and longevity under all environmental conditions.
Each bed can be configured into 1 of the 6 following dimensions:
- Quantity in pack: One
- Assembly Option: Self assembly
- Usage: Growing plants of all types
- Ground Preparation: None
- Fitting Information: Instructions provided
- Treatment: Aluzinc steel, Powder Coated Steel
- Colors: Merino, Mist Green, Slate Grey
- Special Delivery Information: Small Carton
- Handling Details: To move once constructed, stand inside the garden bed and lift from two opposite sides to maintain the shape.
- Extended Season - Soil warms quicker and cools slower.
- Pest Protection - Height acts as barrier and is easier to net.
- Lightweight and Strong - Cold-rolled galvanized Aluzinc steel is extremely lightweight but will stand the test of time.
- Rust and Corrosion Resistant - Aluzinc is 2-6x more effective against rust and corrosion than standard galvanized coatings.
- Deeper Soil - 16" soil depth allows for fantastic soil life, drainage, and root growth.
Q. What are the beds made from and will they rust?
The steel base material is Aluzinc, which is a cold rolled galvanized steel with a metal coating composed of aluminum and zinc. It's the same material used for roofs, gutters, and downpipes.
In a direct comparison with standard galvanized coatings, Aluzinc performs 2-6x better at rust and corrosion resistance.
With a wood bed, your timber will rot eventually. Likewise these will rust eventually, however it will be many years before this happens. We have beds still in use from 2007 and are showing minimal signs of corrosion.
If you keep the soil free-draining, pH neutral and do not use fresh chicken manure, your beds will last many years.
Q. Can I place the beds on hard surfaces such as concrete?
If you would like to place your bed on pavers, concrete, or tiles we recommend using a geo-textile fabric.
To use, place your bed into position, place the fabric on the inside bottom of the garden bed with excess fabric going up each side, and fill with soil.
The fabric allows the water to drain freely but keeps the soil in place.
Optional: To protect the surface, thick builders plastic or coreflute can be placed down before placing your bed into position, once the bed is filled, the excess plastic can be trimmed around the edge of the garden bed with an Exacto knife.
Q. What is the thickness of your metal beds?
Q. Can the clip on safety strip handle freezing temps?
Yes, it is designed to withstand freezing winter temperatures.