Power Planter Extended Length Bulb Auger (3" x 24")
Plant bulbs and 3-inch potted plants faster than ever before with this special auger, which also is perfect for post hole digging and planting bare-root trees and shrubs. It’s also a great choice for other tasks such as installing beach volleyball poles and umbrellas or boring holes under sidewalks for irrigation lines. Drill sold separately.
Get Power and Versatility
In addition to helping out in the garden, this bit works wonders as a sand and beach umbrella auger. It makes installing beach volleyball poles or boring holes under sidewalks for irrigation lines easier and more efficient.
The bulb auger features a 3-inch diameter and a 24-inch extended length. It also features 12 to 18 inches of tough, 10-gauge flighting on a strong, 5/8-inch shaft made completely from steel.
Equip your auger to fit a 3/8-inch or a 1/2-inch drill chuck. For tougher soil conditions like sand, clay, and loose, rocky material, add a heavy duty tip made from military-grade abrasion resistant material.
3/8 inch or 1/2 inch?
Drills typically come in 2 sizes: 3/8-inch or 1/2-inch hex drive. This measurement refers to the width of the hex shaped connection between the drill and auger. Most drills will display their size in the fine print on the side of the drill (see picture). Power Planter offers both sizes of hex drives plus an adaptable tube drive option for power users. If you are boring through rough ground with small rocks, sand, or hard clay soil we strongly advise using a drill with a 1/2-inch hex drive to increase torque. For best results do not use a 3/8 inch auger with a 1/2 inch hex drive drill.
- Painted with glossy black enamel
- Fits multiple drill chuck sizes OR choose an Adaptable Tube Drive
- Minimum voltage recommendation = 18V - 20V. Electric drill with side handle preferred for safety.
- Strong, 5/8-inch 100% steel shaft with 12 - 18 inches of 10-gauge flighting
- 3 inches in diameter
- Digs holes up to 23 - 47 inches deep – choose your length
- Option to add Heavy Duty Tip (made from military-grade abrasion resistant material)
- Drills sold separately
- Safety Notice: Do not use earth augers with impact driver drills, drill bit extensions or sockets.